Monday, May 30, 2011

City girl goes camping

Camping, such a fun experience after all.
I hadn't been camping ever, not even in my backyard, I kind of always wanted but never had the guts to do it, go to a place without bed and sometimes without bathrooms, whaaaaat? noooooo! jajaja
So I decided to take a Nature class, in which they go camping. It is not a joke at all, but of course it is funny. Me camping? me with nature?
So the first step was taken, but there were many challenges. I had to take photos while hanging with critters, in which I conquer my fear of snakes and hold and anaconda and a python, soooooo coooool!I had to appreciate nature, I got lost while hiking by myself. Got near bear and spiders. And so the time for camping came near, and I was freaking out, I asked for help, and got many advices. But of course I didn't feel ready and I was thinking about baking up, but I was still dragged to camping.
And sooooo:
I helped build the tent I went on hikes, I meditated by the river, slept on a sleeping bag, battled food-stealing-squirrels-and-birds, saw spiders and photographed banana slugs. Cooked by the fire, and made s'mores. I didn't showered, and my hair was a mess. I didn't bring sundresses, make-up or high heels.
It was a great experience and I had so much fun, and yes at the beginning I kind of wanted to go back home, but at the end I lo ve d it, and I am looking forward to the 5 day camping trip. (this was 3 days 2 nights)
So now I can scratch that from my to-do list! and be happy!

No comments: